Syndicate Black Ops - FPS Total Conversion
Die for the syndicate
SBO was released for free for owners of Half-life (1999).
The action takes place after the Dark ages (in a far future). You are member of the Syndicate, a powerful criminal group specialised in assassination and delicate missions.
One of the more powerful mega corporation : Croon, has contacted you in order to make you "cleaning" their little errors : Inadvertently they opened some hell's gate and the Federation have sent its choc troops in order to pacificate all of these things and to bring some proofs against Croon. Your equipments are : hi tech weapons, cybertech, biotech and last creations from Croon which lets use them.
- Cooperative: you can play it alone or in multiplayer. Players have to do various objectives to success the mission. They fight against enemies and meet some NPC controlled by the AI. Individual experience is managed. Each player can chose his equipment.
- Battle Royal: playable only in multi. Players confront each other in a death match. The last survivor wins the game. Weapons are given randomly at each rounds start.
- Bounty Killer: playable only in multi. One player is designated as the hunted, other players must kill him. The one who killed the hunted is becoming the new hunted. Each player can choose his equipment.
- Management of the equipment's weight, which has an influence on the player speed.
- Management of the shooting position and the movement, which have an influence on the accuracy.
- Realistic management of the weapon recoil, particularly for the render.
- Particles engine, which can simulate snow, rain, flames and smoke.
- Management of critical, perfect, failed and really failed hits.
- Random damages as in role playing game.
- Localized and realistic damages.
- Ai : Management of squad’s strategy. Management of the courage and the moral. Management of the behaviour : When an enemy sees another one dying or being wounded, he runs to see what's happening. If an enemy hears suspect noises, he's going to patrol where he heard the noise. If an enemy is wounded, he searches from where the shot have been fired and if he doesn't find he take cover. Every suspect changes result in a patrol. All of these runs for every NPC, but some of them have a better perception. That's why werewolves and demons slaves cannot be surprised.